August 16, 2011

Tagging, folksomonies & social bookmarking

Discovering some new stuff here. Delicious didn't appeal to me much - too general in its results. I prefer more focused searching (being a librarian!) and I don't feel the need for sharing bookmarks - social media isn't really my thing.

From the blurb provided I'd hoped for big things from Technorati as I've found it difficult to find specific blogs without an actual URL. However, another disappointment. The Technorati links provided by '23 Things' are out of date and lead to a dead end; I can't find the HTML example alluded to in the post so I'm none the wiser about tagging my own blog for searchability by Technorati, and the site itself is US centric. Oh and the suggested search for “Learning 2.0” failed. I got 2 hits in the "Post" search and none in the "blog" search due to a "temporary issue with searching"

Life is too short to be returning to either of these sites. Let's move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment